Wood Working Workshop
Time & Location
About the event
Design Circle as part of the continuing CREATIVITY workshops invites you to the hands-on carpentry workshop. The workshop will provide participants firsthand experience in carpentry and create a handcrafted utilitarian product.
Participants will be introduced to some of the basic skills of carpentry including commonly used hand tools, materials, and processes like cutting, nailing, drilling, finishing, etc. under the guidance. The workshop structure is paced in a way that's easy for beginners and amateurs to catch up to. You will get to interact with experts in the field of woodwork and furniture design during the workshop which will cover all the basics of woodworking. And here is the best part.
Takeaways from the workshop
1. Introduction of hand tools such as saw, chisel, hammer, marking gauge, right angle, drill, sander.
2. Learn sawing, chiseling, shaping, spacing, nailing, drilling, sanding, polishing, and marking.
3. Practical woodworking techniques using hand tools.
4. Introduction of different types of woods such Pine, Sal, Rubber, Teak and wood base material such MDF and Particle and their properties how they react.
5. Introduction of finishing process such as the different grades of sandpaper, polishing, staining and learning how to treat your final products.
6. Using appropriate safety measures : Gloves, masks, and how to handle tools while working with different woodworking methods.