Wood Working Workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
Design circle as a part of the continuing CREATIVITY workshops invites you to the hands-on carpentry workshop. The workshop will provide participants firsthand experience in carpentry and create a handcrafted utilitarian product.
Participants will be introduced to some of the basic skills of carpentry including commonly used hand tools, materials, and processes like cutting, nailing, drilling, finishing, etc. under the guidance. The Workshop structure is paced in a way that’s easy for beginners and amateurs to catch up to. You will get to interact with experts in the field of woodwork and furniture design during the workshop which will cover all the basics of woodworking. And here is the best part.
Takeaways from the workshop
- Introduction of hand tools such as saw, chisel, hammer, marking gauge, right angle, drill, sander.
- Learn sawing, chiseling, shaping, spacing, nailing, drilling, sanding, finishing, polishing and marking.
- Practical woodworking techniques using hand tools.
- Introduction of different types of woods such as Pine, Sal, Rubber, Teak and wood base material such MDF and Particle and their properties how they react.
- Introduction of finishing process such as the different grades of sandpaper, polishing, staining and learning how to treat your final product.
- Using appropriate safety measures: Gloves, Masks, and how to handle tools while working with different woodworking methods.
- The workshop will have a bench time of six hours wherein the participants will learn the basics of the woodwork and work on individual pieces that they get to take home.
• The workshop Fee includes a Cost of Materials, tools and Expert Mentoring.
• We will also guide participants to where and how to procure tools.
• Also, Complimentary Tea and Lunch will be provided. For any other clarification contact: 8920537497 For more information visit us: www.designcircle.net